||"Introducing the New Jersey Saxophone Quartet"
1. Lush Life (Billy Strayhorn, Arr. Billy Herr)
2. Sevilla (Isaac Albeniz, Arr. Harold Karabell)
3. There'll Never Be Another You (H. Warren, Arr. L. Niehaus)
4. Victor Young Medley: Around the World, When I Fall in
Love, Stella by Midnight, Sweet Sue (Arr. Frank Perowsky)
5. Quatour (Pierre Max Dubois)
6. All the Things You Are (Jerome Kern, Arr. Lennie Niehaus)
7. Round Midnight (Thelonius Monk, Arr. Jack Gale)
8. Trois Conversations (Paul Pierne)
9. Deer Head Sketches (Phil Woods)
10. Selections from Porgy and Bess (G. Gershwin, Arr. Bill
||"Jersey Sure" (to be released 2008)
1. Three Improvisations (Phil Woods)
2. Jersey Sure (Mark Zuckerman)
3. Body and Soul (Billy Kerr)
4. Rialto Ripples (G. Gershwin, Arr. Jerry Nowak)
5. Introduction and Allegro (Kaderavek)
6. Jelly Roll (Mingus, Arr. Ringenshaun)
7. Send in the New Boy (Billy Kerr)
8. Pink Panther (Henry Mancini, Arr. Billy Kerr)
||Members of the New Jersey Saxophone Quartet include: Jerry Nowak (Baritone); Todd Groves
(Tenor); Jason O' Mara (Alto); Frank Mazzeo (Soprano).
Below you'll find details of the quartet's recordings, member bios, a schedule of upcoming
performances, plus information on how to book the group for performances and master classes.
The New Jersey Saxophone Quartet offers a wide array of styles ranging from the classical, to the
jazz and popular idioms, as evident on their first CD, "Introducing the New Jersey Saxophone
Quartet". Their second CD, "Jersey Sure" (scheduled for 2008 release) features the title cut by
Mark Zuckerman, plus arrangements by Billy Kerr, Jerry Nowak and others. To purchase their
CD, please send $17.50 by check or money order to: New Jersey Saxophone Quartet c/o Jerry
Nowak, 42 Madison Ave., Flemington, NJ 08822.
Frank Mazzeo (Soprano Saxophone)
Frank is a highly sought after musician in the Philadelphia and New Jersey areas. He has
performed with Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Patti LaBelle, Rosemary Clooney, Bob Hope, Jerry
Lewis, Randy Newman, Red Rodney, Lee Konitz, Bill Watrous, Bernadette Peters, the Concerto
Soloists of Philadelphia, the Delaware Symphony, the Rhode Island Symphony and John Popper
of Blues Traveler. He teaches saxophone and jazz ensemble at the University of the Arts in
Philadelphia, and is Director of the Summer Jazz Institute. In 2000 he was appointed to the New
Jersey State Council on the Arts by Governor Christine Whitman, and he serves on the Arts in
Education Committee in New Jersey. He adjudicates and teaches master classes and clinics
throughout the eastern United States.
Todd Groves (Tenor Saxophone)
Todd is Professor of Saxophone at the University of Delaware and Rowan University. He's
performed with Natalie Cole, Lou Rawls, Michael Feinstein, Lorna Luft, Johnny Mathis, The
Duprees, Linda Eder, Aretha Franklin, Paul Sorvino, Grover Washington Jr., Joel Grey, Little
Anthony & the Imperials, and the Greater Trenton Symphony. He has also performed on
Broadway and in countless touring Broadway shows.
Jason O'Mara (Alto Saxophone)
Jason was the recipient of a Presidential Scholarship at the University of the Arts, where he
graduated in 2001 with a Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance. He has studied with Frank
Mazzeo, Dick Oats and Peter Smith. Jason has performed with James Moody, Jon Faddis, John
Fedchock, the Bay-Atlantic Symphony, the Lancaster Symphony, the Philadelphia Youth
Orchestra, the Disney AII-Collegiate Orchestra, the Pennsylvania All-State Wind Ensemble, and Al
Martino. He teaches saxophone at the Temple University Center City campus as well as the
Preparatory Division, and is the Director of the Bensalem High School Jazz Ensemble.